Education and Outreach Committee (EOCom)
This committee is dedicated to reaching out to the Space Weather and Space Climate community and the general public. We aim to set up a dedicated social network, to organise Space Weather and Space Climate courses and webinars, to publish a Space Weather and Space Climate book, to improve the scientific content of the E-SWAN website, and any action devoted to Space Weather and Space Climate outreach and education.
- popularise Space Weather and Space Climate in Europe and beyond
- distribute complementary media for dissemination of scientific knowledge
- promote education and advanced training through continuing education opportunities within Europe
- raise awareness to all activity sectors possibly affected by space weather and/or space climate focusing within Europe.
- Organise Space Weather and Space Climate school series
- Publish a Space Weather and Space Climate book
- Carry out actions devoted to Space Weather and Space Climate outreach and education
- Fund community outreach initiatives
- Letter to the community about the TDM for the next ESWW
Supported Community initiatives
- The 3rd edition of the Iberian Space Science Summer School (i4s 2023), 26-30 June 2023,Coimbra, Portugal.
- Chair: Sophie Chabanski (Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy)
- Co-Chair: Domenico Di Mauro (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia)
- Jean Lilensten (Institut de Planétologie et d'Astrophysique de Grenoble)
- Carlos Larrodera (Universidad de Alcalá)
- Jaroslav Urbář (IAP CAS)
- Lisa Nelson (Bureau of Meteorology, Australian Government)
- Jan Janssens (Solar-Terrestrial Centre of Excellence (STCE))
- Laure Lefevre (Royal Observatory of Belgium – WDC-SILSO)
- Christine Verbeke (KU Leuven)
- Elke D'Huys (Solar-Terrestrial Centre of Excellence – ROB/SIDC)
- Lenka Zychova (Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy)